Dealing with Difficult Clients Conference – On Demand
This conference was recorded live on October 7, 2022.
Making the Human Half Suck Less - Taking Back Control When Dealing with Difficult Clients
When you work as a pet care professional, often one of the hardest aspects of your job is handling your two-legged clients. How many of us agree we don’t like humans, that’s why we work with animals – but attached to every animal is at least one human. We have no choice. Whether it’s dealing with unrealistic expectations, payment and scheduling issues or difficult personalities, working with people can make the most passionate trainer, behavior consultant, pet sitter or shelter staff frustrated and at their wit’s end. This can lead to unneeded stress and even burnout and leaving the field.
Listen to five expert speakers discuss different ways to handle our most extreme clients. From setting boundaries to creating and enforcing policies to using technology to prevent client headaches, we’ll cover the ins and outs of our most challenging clients: the humans.
- Teoti Anderson, CPDT-KA, KPA-CTP
- Mychelle Garrigan, MSW, CDBC
- Katenna Jones, ScM, ACAAB, CCBC, CDBC, Certified Fear Free Trainer
- Tabitha Kucera, CCBC, RVT, KPA-CTP
- Erika Lessa, dip.CBST, CDBT, CDBC, CPDT-KA
- Access to the recorded presentations
- Access to recordings for 6 months.
Pricing: $85 – 10% discount for 501c3 shelter and rescue staff/volunteers. 10% discount for IAABC and PPG members. Email [email protected] for discount codes.
CEUs: Approved for the following CEUs:
- IAABC – 6 CEUs
- CCPDT – 6 CEUs for behavior consultants (0 for trainers)